We shape growing communities through creative urban thinking.
Bousfields is a client focused business that has followed the evolution of communities in Ontario since 1974. As policy, trends and society have changed, so too has the nature of our work.
- We earned our reputation as urban planners. Today, we are a thriving interdisciplinary team of planners, urban designers and community engagement specialists. We have evolved through the diversity and complexity of our projects and the capabilities and experiences of the people who work here. We have grown through our in-depth understanding of policy process and industry best practices.
- We continue to grow. Big or small, our projects range from residential to institutional and commercial. They span the Province of Ontario. The Toronto and Hamilton offices are home to cosmopolitan teams with varied backgrounds, experiences and strengths.
- We celebrate our differences and learn from each other. We collaborate with team members of different disciplines, challenged every day by the diversity and impact of the work we do. This ensures that our clients receive the highest quality of service. Applications are approved. Visions are realized. Communities are informed. Projects move steadily forward with maximum efficiency, creativity, and a success rate that makes us all proud.
Interested in joining Bousfields?
We would love to hear from you.
Learning, sharing and leading
Our reputation as a company has grown alongside, and because of, our values.
We value honesty, responsibility and humility. Collectively, we have the courage to provide clients and stakeholders with our independent professional opinion and take responsibility for our actions.
We recognize and respect the diverse communities, cultures, peoples and land. We treat others the way we would like to be treated, encouraging and respecting all opinions and perspectives.
We mentor and inspire the next generation of professionals, encouraging curiosity, innovation and independent thinking. We are committed to the advancement of our professions, industry and communities.
Our shared knowledge is deep rooted, insightful and continually evolves. We take pride in harnessing our collective knowledge, creativity and expertise to shape our communities.
- We foster and deliver high standards of critical thinking, analysis and design excellence.
- We engage with the public and stakeholders with professionalism and inclusiveness.
- We provide exceptional client service.
Bousfields is on a journey to foster and nurture an authentic culture of diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplace, in the projects we are a part of and the communities in which we work.
John Bousfield understood that integrity and honesty are company values.
He always told the truth the way that he saw the truth. He always treated people around him with respect. He was also incredibly humble about his accomplishments, even though I continue to say he’s the best planner that this country has ever produced. There was, and still is a respect for people both within the firm and outside of the firm. Really caring about the people within the firm, but also caring about our clients and our colleagues in municipal planning departments.Peter Smith, Partner
Lindsay Dale-Harris is, in many respects, a pioneer in the planning profession.
As a partner involved in the formative years of Bousfields she has garnered enormous respect from her peers. She has made an indelible imprint on the Bousfields Inc. of today. She has been a shining example of the values that are held so highly by all employees at Bousfields. Lindsay has always been regarded by our clients as an extraordinary professional who has provided the highest level of service and advice. She has also been a valuable contributor to the planning profession through her mentorship of our own employees and through her involvement with the University of Toronto.Tony Volpentesta, Partner